I’ve decided I wanted to start a new weekly feature to my blog and so here it is…Friday Favorites! I’m going to feature different things from a current favorite DIY, favorite tips, favorite recipes, to even my favorite bloggers. I’m really excited because I want to be able to share things that I love or things that I’ve tried and are excited to tell you about!
I’ve decided to stick with the IKEA theme this week and feature 10 of my favorite IKEA hacks! I love what you can create with furniture pieces from IKEA. Lots of these people purchase the IKEA furniture, assemble it, and then make their creations. I personally like to find used IKEA furniture on craigslist then bring it back to life. What’s better than cheap ikea furniture than cheaper Ikea furniture?! 🙂
Here are a few of my own Ikea hacks I’ve done:
Please click on the photos below to see the full project details and how tos. If you plan to pin anything please do it from their website so that it is directed back to the correct website.
Without further ado, Refashionably Late’s Friday Favorite: Top 10 Ikea Hacks!!
1. Champaign Style Dresser – Ikea Malm Makeover by HOMEY oh my! I have talked about this dresser previously as it was my inspiration to my Ikea Malm Makover. I love the simplicity of the piece but also how the paint and hardware give it new life! A classic piece transformed from a basic dresser!
2. DIY: Fabric Decoupaged Office Chair by Little Green Notebook I really love how you can update a simple office chair into a statement piece! I’m loving decoupaging different items lately and love that you can do it with furniture! I may have to try this one when I start working on our home office!3. Gold Upholstered Bench Tutorial by Dwellings By DeVore I’m kind of obsessed with this! I have always wanted a bench at the bottom of my bed but I’ve never had the space to do so. This just makes me dream about the possibility someday and what a fun way to create it yourself! I love the idea of transforming a tv stand or coffee table and making it a bench or ottoman. I loved creating my ottoman and I kind of want another project to try this with!
4. IKEA Rast Hack: Industrial Side Table by Giddy Upcycled I was roaming around Hometalk.com the other day and came across this amazing Rast makeover! Isn’t it beautiful?! I love how she used the black tea, steel wool and vinegar technique on the wood! It turned out absolutely gorgeous and kind of makes me want to try that technique out! (If you don’t already, find me on Hometalk.com!)
4. Malmtastic Play Kitchen by Small + Friendly My daughter is getting closer and closer to being 2 and I’ve really wanted to make her her own play kitchen. I’ve seen so many amazing DIYs online and came across this one and loved it! What a brilliant idea of using old dressers and making a small, fun kid’s play kitchen!
5. DIY Banquette Seat IKEA Hack by Melodrama I love the drama of this piece and how it was made from one simple bookshelf! It would really look great in an entry way or seating at a kitchen table. They also recovered the fabric which changed the look completely. I love how nothing is permanent and small changes make a big difference.
6. Etched Octodraws for Expedit I have a major love for all things octopus. I really want to incorporate an octopus piece of furniture, picture or some type of decor in my home. I have loved the Lord Bodner Octopus Study Triptych Print for quite some time now but I could never spend that kind of money on a painting. Thus I need to figure out how to incorporate a cute little octopus in my home. 🙂7. Box Camera Dresser ~ Ikea Rast Hack by Prodigal Pieces I mean how cool is this one? There’s not much to say but what a fun and creative way to redo the Rast dresser! Love it!
8. DIY Ikea Bar Cart Hack from Style Me Pretty Living I’m so excited to start working on my own DIY bar cart and I love looking at other bar cart ideas! I love how sleek this looks and how it ends up not looking like a desk at all! The color is great too!9. DIY Mirrored Secretary Desk by No. 29 Design I came across this gem this morning on Hometalk.com and I can’t get it off my mind. I love the idea of a small work space. I have never felt I needed much of a work space until now. I never knew how much work blogging was. I love how small this secretary desk is and how all things can be stored out of plain sight! Plus the mirrors! I love me some mirrors!
10. Another Ikea Hack: DIY Learning Tower by What the Vita I have seen this on Pinterest quite a few times and I LOVE IT!! I really want to make one for our daughter. I haven’t always been the main chef in the family but recently I’ve been trying to take on that roll more. Sometimes it’s hard to do this though with a little one hanging on you at all times. I love the idea of getting her involved and letting her help prepare! I think this one is going to happen very soon and I’ll be sure to share it with you!
Well I hope all of these IKEA hacks excite you as much as they excite me! I’m always looking for new DIY projects and there are so many IKEA hacks out there it’s hard to choose which one to do! I’ve done quite a few already and even have a couple more in the works! I just purchased a used Kallax 8 cube shelf and I’m really excited to spice it up!
If you want to see all of these projects and more IKEA hacks that I’ve pinned check out my board on Pinterest. I hope you have a fabulous weekend and maybe you now feel motivated to an IKEA makeover?!