So I am about turn 31 and that will make me 1 year younger than my husband rather than 2. I always tease him that half of the year he dates a “younger” woman. 🙂 I kind of love my birthdays and rather than a birth”day” I typically like to have a birth”week” or birth”month”! I’m kind of into it! I think 31 is going to be an amazing year for me and my family. I just feel it!
So here are 31 facts before I turn 31! Some you may know and some you may not know! 🙂
- I’m obsessed with Ellen DeGeneres and watch her show almost everyday!
- I’ve been an audience member on Ellen’s show 3 times, and one of those times was on the 12 Days of Giveaways!
- I taught myself how to play the guitar and now I teach it!
- I’m addicted to Diet Mt. Dew. (It’s okay if I admit my addiction right?)
- I’ve been a huge fan of Lucille Ball since I was a little girl. (Lucy, my daugther, is named after her!)
- I went to two colleges, Simpson College & University of Northern Colorado and got my degree in Vocal Music Education.
- I’m obsessed with celebrity gossip!
- I played Rizzo in Grease in High School my freshman year.
- I love my daughter to the moon and back but would love a day where I could just sit on the couch all day and watch TV and have no responsibilities!
- I love to watch TV!
- My mother taught me almost everything I know about DIY!
- I think that I’m one of the funniest people ever, even though some may not agree with this statement! 😉
- I’ve lived in 4 different states throughout my life. (Iowa, Colorado, California & Minnesota)
- One of my favorite places on earth is Okoboji, IA! If you haven’t heard of it check it out! It is one of three blue water lakes in the world!
- I get a high when I find a cheap, good deal!
- My favorite drink is a nice margarita! Especially in the summertime!
- I love that my job of blogging and private music lessons lets me get to stay home and be with my daughter everyday!
- I have always loved the white, black and red color mixture! (Until recently I only bought things for my home in those colors it seemed!)
- I love anything that sparkles or has glitter!
- I’m a member of Sweet Adelines International and I love to sing in 4 part harmony! Check out my quartet, Delilah!
- I could eat candy all day long, especially Laffy Taffy!
- I’m addicted to my iPhone.
- I don’t like to swim in the ocean. (Maybe it’s because I grew up a lake girl!)
- I lived right near the ocean in California and probably only swam in it a hand full of times.
- I love reality TV.
- My guilty pleasure is Britney Spears! I would die to go see her in Vegas!
- My husband and I met in Nashville, TN and he lived in California and I lived in Colorado at the time.
- I could eat Chinese food everyday.
- I don’t drink coffee.
- I’m not a huge fan of chocolate.
- I never realized how much I’d love blogging and I never realized how much work it was going to be!! Holy cow!
I hope you learned something new about me and found something that we may have in common! I would love to get to know everyone more so share something about yourself below!
I’m really excited because my parents are coming into town this weekend to help celebrate my birth…day…week…month! 🙂 Have a fantastic week everyone!