I can’t believe we are at week 3 of the One Room Challenge. Holy moly we are half way through the challenge! It makes me excited and nervous all at the same time! I have gotten a lot done but as always there is still a lot to do still. Today I want to share with you Lucy’s fun photo wall! My daughter is named after Lucille Ball so I had to pay homage to her on the wall. Also my Lucy’s favorite thing in the world is Minnie Mouse so I had to sprinkle some of that in there as well!
If you missed the last two weeks you can catch up here:
To create this wall I started with some beautiful mirror frames from Frambridge. On their website you can upload your own artwork or an Instagram picture to a frame or chose to mail in a photo or artwork. I got some really fun photos from various Etsy shops so I decided to to upload my own artwork.
After I played the mirrored frames then I filled the rest of the wall with frames from IKEA. I then started filling the frames! I got a lot of these beautiful prints from talented Etsy shops! I love how they have all come together to make this gallery wall. I love how you can find such amazing prints on Etsy! Thank you to the shops who donated their prints to help me make this gallery wall!
Here is where I got everything:
- Love Yourself Quote: Hey Hay Studio: Etsy & Instagram
- Eyelashes: SweepingGirlSays
- Disney Castle: sPRINNT
- Lucille Ball Watercolor: FranceesWorld
- Crown w/ Lucy & Heart Face: ArtPrintsFactory
- Lucille Ball Cross Stitch (Red Lips): WooHooCrossStitch & Book (She typically just sells templates but Leah was wonderful and cross stitched this Lucy print for me! It looks amazing!)
- Minnie Mouse w/ Purse: ArtQuality
- Lucille Ball Black & White Photo: I’ve owned this for years 🙂
- Minnie Mouse Watercolor: Toons4Fun
- Two Pink Minnie Prints: QPrints
- Lucille Ball Quote Watercolor: MatildaMoonStudio
- I Love Lucy Vintage Dictionary Print: LoveToDefine
I really like how the mirror frames pair with the IKEA frames. You seriously can’t go wrong with the IKEA Ribba frames when creating a gallery wall! They work so well together and there are so many different shapes and sizes!
Well nothing new crossed off the to do list this week but I have a feeling this next week I’ll be getting a lot done! Here is where I am with my to do list:
Touch up wall paint Paint woodwork Paint closet doors Frame & hang art
- Hang Curtains
- Build cornice for bed
- Sew bed canopy
- Repaint night stand
- Hang book shelves
Apply decals & hang mirrors
- Paint doors & apply o’verlays
- Change out light fixture
- Change out light switch & outlets
As always I want to thank my amazing sponsors for the Spring 2017 ORC!