I can’t help but love the change in seasons with the crisp air and Fall colors. I want to share you with you how to add to your Fall decor with DIY Fall Place Cards and beautiful Fall tablescape.
Since we moved to Minnesota we get to encounter the most beautiful Fall weather and colorful scenery. Mother Nature does some pretty rad work with her changes in seasons.
I love the rich colors of Fall but I also love putting my own twist on things and I thought I’d design a look with my own Fall colors. I love the warmth of white, gold and burlap combined. Burlap is a color right?! 😉 All Holidays don’t need to be represented by their “typical” colors. You can make any decoration or style choice to your own likes and wants.
Today I created a beautiful neutral Fall tablescape with some reusable DIY Fall place cards. To start you will need these materials:
- Plastic Mini Pumpkins – I spray painted mine white
- Place Cards – or even cut out your own on a Cricut
- Chalkboard Marker
- White Paper Clips
- Hot Glue Gun
The first step is to bend the paper clip in half and create a 90-degree angle with the paper clip. The smaller part of the paper clip you will then glue to the back of your place card.
Make sure the glue is dry befoakre ting the larger end of the paper clip and attaching it to the stem of your pumpkin. You may need to widen the paper clip to fit around the stem. Adjust the name tag to your liking and there you have it…a simple and fun DIY Fall inspired place cards.
These place cards are the perfect addition to a beautiful fall tablescape to celebrate the changing in Seasons. I love to have friends over and cook, and when I say cook…I mean I love to have my husband cook an amazing meal for our friends and family.
What better reason to celebrate than knowing that Fall is around the corner?! Now I have said multiple times that I am not the best chef but I can bake a mean dessert.
Today I wanted to share a yummy dessert with some delicious treats from M&M’s®, Mott’s®, Snapple®, and Pillsbury™. A dessert is always a great way to add decor to a beautiful tablescape…and then you get to eat it at the end of the night! What is better than that?! You can find the delicious recipe card to print my Pecan Pie Spice Cake at the bottom of this post!
- To start you will combine all the dry ingredients with the dry cake mix.
- You then follow the directions on the box of the Classic White Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Cake Mix. The only substitution is instead of using a cup of water to use a cup of Mott’s® Apple Juice.
- I then split the cake mix into two round 9-inch cake pans. Once the cake was finished cooking I set it out to cool. After about a half hour it was time to frost the cake with Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing. I love cream cheese frosting so much!! It feels so fall and wintery to me! 🙂
- After the frosting was done it was time to add the garnish of M&M’s® Pecan Pie. I put a cup of M&M’s® into a ziplock bag and crushed them with my metal measuring cup. After they were in small pieces it was then time to sprinkle it on top of the cake.
Doesn’t the cake look delicious? Well, guess what? It tastes delicious too!
You can also add dimension to your table by creating varying heights with your decor.
By adding small elements of color, height dimensions, DIY place cards, and food you can create the most beautiful tablescape for a Fall celebration! Find the recipe below for my Pecan Pie Spice Cake and while you are saving that recipe I’m going to go eat a piece of cake! Of course, I love my own cake creation but what is your favorite fall dessert? Have an amazing weekend everyone, I will be spending it with family…eating cake!
Ruthie, this is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I love the monochromatic colors and that cake looks splendid and fits so well into the decor. I bet it taste good! Love everything about this post.
Thanks Jess! I love the colors as well! And yes the cake was delicious!! 🙂
Erin @ the-organized-life says
I LOVE fall and that table is so beautiful… love the pumpkin/chalkboard tags. And that cake looks stunning! I’d need to make mine look a little more boring, or I’d never want to cut into it and ruin the appearance 🙂
Haha it was hard to cut into the cake but it was worth it! It was delicious! I love doing tablescapes and can’t wait to do one again!
Samantha K says
Love the colors (burlap is totally a color in my book)! That cake is gorgeous!! (client)
Thanks so much Samantha! I love the color scheme for sure!
Leanne Andrews says
I’d like to know the technique for getting the frosting to look like your cake! Beautiful!
It was super simple! This is how I did it: http://spicedblog.com/cake-decorating-back-of-a-spoon.html
Deedra Austin says
Where would I find the M&M’s® Pecan Pie? I’m in Vermont, USA and haven’t seen them in stores, nor are they listed on the stores’ websites.
I found mine in Walmart. Do you have one near you!?
Gavin Staples says
You want quality traffic that Buys From Your Site refashionablylate.com or Converts into Highly Responsive Subscribers ?
I Will Promote Your Business In Worldwide To Any Niche …
– I search in google after the keyward offered by you in order to find sites;
– I will ask the site administrator if he is interested in your offer;
– The process continues on many sites until you get all the vizits promises.
I can send your offer on:
– Country Desired (only the country you specify)
– 80% TIER 1 Countries Guaranteed (USA, CA, GB, AU, NZ, IE)
– Niche Desired(only the keywords you specify)
We help you grow your business because we understand that our business growth directly depends on our ability to GROW YOUR BUSINESS.
Please follow here for more information: