Alright so now that I have a 3 month old daughter I felt it was time to get my mind and body back into shape! I was fortunate enough to have lost 30lbs during my first trimester. I didn’t feel fortunate at the time but now I’m happy I left the hospital weighing less than where I started. Between feeling nauseous all the time and being on a strict diet for gestational diabetes that is what caused the weight loss. Not only do I want to keep that weight off I also want to lose some additional weight. Every girl’s dream is to get back to their wedding weight right?! Well here is how I plan to get on the healthy band wagon:
- Weight Watchers –About a month ago I signed up for Weight Watchers. I have done Weight Watchers in the past and have had really great success. I’ve always done their online program. This time around I wanted a little more motivation so I decided to sign up for the meetings. I will have to say I have struggled the past month as I’m so hungry because of nursing and then those darn Girl Scout cookies don’t help! :/ Now that March is here I’m feeling motivated and I want to hold myself accountable to getting myself to a healthier weight and then staying there! I am going to do everything in my power to become a lifetime member of WW. If you get to your healthy weight then you get to use all of the tools for WW for free! You just have to go weigh in once a month to ensure you are staying healthy! What amazing motivation is that?! I’m not sure I feel comfortable sharing my starting weight but I will say that I want to get down to my wedding weight so I have a little over 30lbs to go!
- WW Support Group – If any of you are members of Weight Watchers I would love to add you to a support group I made on Facebook! Just shoot me a comment below or on my Facebook page!
- Essential Oils – This one is huge for me! This is something I’m really bringing into our lives and loving it! I have become a big fan of Simply Earth Essential Oils . They are great because they are 100% pure and untarnished and best yet…they are a great price! They also donate 13% of their profits to help end human trafficking. They also do this really amazing monthly recipe box which I talked about in more detail here . Use the code SIMPLYFREE when buying a diffuser and you can get your first month’s box for free! Or use the code WORLDCHANGER for 10% off all orders! I’m loving learning how to use oils to help calm my children or help them sleep or to even making mixes to help with some muscle aches. I love having my diffuser next to my bedside where I add Lavender and Cedarwood in it every night to help us sleep a little better. I’m also going to start to dabble in making my own cleaners for our house! Here is a list of 9 great oils to have for cold & flu season plus at the bottom of the page is a free download to a free Beginner Essential Oil Ebook!
- Cleaners – Another thing I’m trying to take out of my life are toxins in cleaners. I’m not going to lie I do have some Lysol wipes in my house for bigger sicknesses and such but I would say 99% of the time I have switched to naturally derived cleaners. I’m a big Target shopper so I own a lot of Method brand cleaners. They have everything from All Purpose Cleaners , Glass Cleaners , and Antibacterial Bathroom & Home Cleaners . I feel so much safer using these products around our little girls. Plus they smell good! I have also been using a lot of The Honest Company Dish Soap. I have been using that to clean pacifiers, breast pump supplies and all of Gabi’s bottles. Again, it just makes me feel like I’m not putting un-needed toxins in my baby’s body.
- Organic Food – I have a new found love for Grocery Pick-up! It has seriously changed my life! Not a joke! I was a pretty serious Target shopper until I could order all of my food online and then pick it up. It makes my life so much easier with two little ones. With that being said I’m trying to think more responsibly when shopping. I have been slowly adding more Organic food to our shopping list. I find the foods taste better and obviously they are better for you! Win/win!
- Juice Plus –Last but definitely not least I added Juice Plus+ into my life a little over a year ago. I will never stop taking it now for the rest of my life. “Juice Plus+ is whole food based nutrition, including juice powder, concentrates from 30 different fruits, vegetables, and grains. Juice Plus+ helps bridge the gap between what you should eat and what you do eat every day.” Quoted from Juice Plus’s+ website. It has become a daily part of my routine and I feel so much better making sure I’m getting all those daily fruits and vegetables in my diet. I feel great that I’m also passing those on to my daughter since I’m nursing. Studies have shown that it helps children start eating more fruits and vegetables, miss less school from sicknesses, and visit the doctor less, among many other things. Adults reap the same benefits but something I’ve felt I have more of is energy. It really helps fuel my body and give it the proper nutrients I need! If you’d like to learn more about Juice Plus+ feel free to email me as I’d love to share more! I have a lot of amazing resources to share and people to chat with! I can also help you set up a plan to buy your own!
What’s your go-to health item to help improve you and your family’s life?! Is there something you swear by? I would love to know as I want to set a good example for my children and make sure they don’t make the same mistakes I’ve made in my adult life regarding food. I can say I’m going to do these things all I want but if I don’t commit to making these part of my daily routines then I’m not the role model I want to be for my children. I want you all to hold me accountable and let’s do this journey together!
Many outgoing links on Refashionably Late are affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my Diet Mountain Dew drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep me supplied in caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really. I only link to products I have tried and love! See my full disclosure here.