This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FirstsMadeEasy #ForBetterBeginnings #MomsFirsts #CollectiveBias
We have been through a lot the past year to two years with trying to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Now that we have a beautiful little girl as a result to that hard work I can honestly say I’m happy to not be pregnant. It’s hard work but in the end it’s 100% worth it. That being said I’m so excited to be making a gift basket for my great friend, Jenna who is expecting her second child.
Jenna was there for us through our multiple pregnancies and loses. She was there to share the joys of pregnancy and also to be a shoulder to cry on. She is a great friend and I can’t wait for her to welcome another beautiful baby into the world! I want to make sure she feels prepared and ready for baby number two. Life can be busy with a toddler and the whole preparation process for baby number two can be put on the sidelines.
I wanted to create and simple yet beautiful basket for her and her new little one to enjoy when they make their arrival. I started with buying a basic basket at Target to store all of the items in. This basket will work great to set next to her chair that she nurses the baby in. Jenna plans to nurse and having a basket of go-to items next to you is important as it’s hard to get up and grab something once you’ve started nursing your little one.
I draped the basket with a beautiful blanket that she can use with her sweet little one. She can swaddle, snuggle or use it to keep the baby warm. It also adds a decorative touch to the gift basket. Now it’s time to fill the basket with goodies for the mama and baby.
- Bottles – Jenna plans to nurse but it’s important to have a bottle that supports the breastfeeding. The Playtex Baby™ Nurser with Drop-Ins® Liners is a great option for those breast feeding mamas. It simulates the same suck, swallow and breathing patterns as breast feeding. It has easy-to-dispose liners that gently collapse while baby drinks, just like the breast does, to prevent air from getting in and upsetting their little tummies, which in turn reduces colic. It also has The Most Like Mom® NaturaLatch® Nipple which has a wider shape which helps baby latch as it’s very similar to the breast. There is also the Playtex Baby™ VentAire® with the same nipple that is great in keeping those little tummies happy and comfortable. It has a bottom vent which is designed to keep the air at the back of the bottle and out of the baby’s tummy. It also helps prevent ear infections because of the angled design which allows for a semi-upright feeding position. Both bottles are great for new moms and second time moms and for baby too! A happy baby leads to a happy Mama! The best part too is it’s on cartwheel during the month of April! You can get 10% off from April 9-15 and 15% off from April 16-22. You can use that on all Playtex bottles at Target! You can find them in the baby section in the bottle and feeding aisle.
- Coffee Mug – You know how people say with your first child to sleep when baby sleeps? Well unfortunately that doesn’t really happen the second time around. That being said caffeine is important for a second time Mama. I love this little mug I made with my Cricut machine to gift to my wonderful and soon to be tired friend.
- Sound Machine – We had a sound machine with our older daughter but I never realized how important it was to have for your second child. Let’s be honest our older children aren’t the quietest creatures so trying to block out their noisiness is very important. A little white noise is a great distraction for your new baby and helps them sleep more soundly. It’s not a bad idea to have one in both your children’s rooms!
- Book – Sometimes we forget to read to our new babies as we are always reading to our older child. A sweet little book can be a nice reminder to spend that special time with your baby as well.
- Nursing Pads – You can never have enough of these lying around and you can keep them in the basket next to your feeding chair.
- Hand Sanitizer – With an older child in Pre-School it brings more sicknesses to your home. Hand sanitizer is your best friend to help keep that little one healthy. Make sure to have your friends and family use it as well!
- Hand Lotion – With the use of hand sanitizer also brings dry and cracked hands, especially during the cold winter months in Minnesota. I am constantly applying and reapplying lotion in our household.
- Bath Salts – Us Moms need to remember to treat ourselves and give ourselves some “you” time. We can often forget that when there is a new baby. It’s important for you and for your body to soak in the tub so a little bath salts and epsom salt is a great way to relax and heal.
- Candle – Turn off the lights and relax with a candle going while in the bath!
- Essential Oils – These are great to add to your relaxing bath or great to help calm you down or help you sleep. Such a great way to help balance you out!
- Stuffed Animal – Just another sweet gift to give to the new babe.
All of these items are a great way to help a Mom feel special and loved. It’s a lot of hard work cooking that baby and they deserve some special treatment. I hope that I can bring some joy to my friend Jenna and make her feel special. Life is going to be hectic with two little ones but it also brings so much joy! What are your go to items as a Mom? What would be the number one thing you’d recommend to a friend having their second child?