Happy October! Can you believe we are already into October? What’s even more strange is next month my baby girl will be one! We struggled with keeping pregnancies and worked so hard for her and with a blink of an eye she’s almost one! Life is good! Here’s a little bit of what is in store for the month of October….
- Family – To start Gabi is getting close to walking. She loves to walk behind her walker stroller. She thinks it’s the most fun thing to do in the world. She is making jokes and realizing she can make people laugh. She loves to eat food but hasn’t slowed down much on the nursing. (I’m okay with that :)) It’s crazy to think I’d almost be done nursing if it were Lucy. We stopped nursing at 11 months because Lucy was over it and biting me. I don’t even see an end in sight with Gabi. She was sick this past weekend and pretty much wanted to nurse almost every half hour.Lucy is full blown back to school. Currently she is attending two preschools so she is going every morning Monday-Friday. She really enjoys school and at the end of the month we are heading to our local elementary school to do pre-screening for Kindergarten! Crazy! Lucy also started up gymnastics again and loves it! She is pretty good at it and it’s fun to watch her learn new skills. She’s always keeping us on our toes and has the largest personality!
- Weight Watchers/Diet – I’m happy to say I’m down 10lbs!! Tomorrow is the last day of this round of the Game On Diet. It’s really helped keep me honest. I’m going to play one more round because I want to lost another 10-15lbs before we go to Mexico in November!
- One Room Challenge – This past month I have been working hard prepping for this fall’s One Room Challenge. I’ve decided to makeover my living room this round. I love doing these challenges as it really pushes me to finish a room and get my creative juices rolling. I have a lot of ideas in store for this room and I can’t wait to share with you on Wednesday. Here are a couple of challenges I have done in the past. Lucy’s Room | Gabi’s Nursery | Guest Room
- Post Round Up – This month has been busy still with projects. We decided to lay new flooring so it prompted me to paint all of the woodwork/trim. That being so time consuming I haven’t gotten as many posts out as I had hoped. A pretty big post I did this month was sharing how I transformed my ugly hollow core doors into beautiful “new” doors. That post was a long time coming and I couldn’t be happier with how they look. I also gave the girls’ playroom a makeover. I’ve slowly been decorating this area and recently gave it some changes and extra added touches. I then gave an in depth tutorial on how I redid the art table in the playroom. I’m also gearing up for Halloween and joined in with some of my friends for My Dollar Store DIY and made some frosted Halloween candles.
- A Look Into September – This month I will be focusing on the One Room Challenge and my living room. It’s going to consume a large amount of my time! 🙂 I’ll be guest posting over at HomeRight and sharing how I’ve updated my craft area. I might also sprinkle in a Halloween post or two!
What are you going to be for Halloween? Lucy wants to be a witch and Gabi is going to be a fierce little lion. This will be Gabi’s first Halloween so I’m excited to see what she thinks. Hopefully, it will be semi-warm that evening! Last year I was very pregnant and had a hard time walking all around the block. Haha! Have a great Monday and I’ll see you on Wednesday for my One Room Challenge inspiration post!