I can’t believe we are at week 6 of the One Room Challenge and it’s time to share the final reveal!! I’m pretty excited to share the transformation that has gone on in our bathroom since we started. I do have some bad news though. I wish I had more control over what happens sometimes but unfortunately that’s life. Everything was ready and done in our bathroom except for our tiling. A few weeks ago I had someone set to come tile our floor and one wall but a couple days before he had to back out. That put us in quite a predicament and so I was on the look for a new tiler. I did come across one and he said he was busy but he would do his best to fit me in. So I’ve been kind of hold with this guy now for a couple weeks and unfortunately our cards didn’t play out and he wasn’t able to make it. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have it done but I can’t. It’s also tricky right now because we are surrounded by Holidays. He’s not going to be able to make it here until after Thanksgiving.
If you missed the previous weeks you can catch up here:
Fear not I still want to show you what we’ve worked so hard on and I promise to update the photos once our beautiful Carrara Marble is installed. Isn’t this tile just stunning?!
Here is a reminder of where we started 6 weeks ago:
Here was the to do list and everything was done except the tiling:
Paint bathroom cabinets & trim Paint vanity counter tops
- Rip out previous linoleum (2 layers..fun!)
- Tile floor & wall
Remove medicine cabinet & cabinet above toilet Replace mirror Replace light fixture Change outlets & switches Repair holes in wall from cabinet removal & towel bars Paint walls Replace toilet paper holder and towel rod Replace faucet
I’m very happy with how the room turned out and I’m so thankful for all of my sponsors that helped make this room possible. I can’t wait until the tiling is done though because I really think that is going to take this bathroom to a whole other level!
Here’s a quick list of some of the changes I made to our bathroom before I share the final reveal pics:
- Replaced Faucet with a Waterfall Faucet
- Painted counter tops with the White Diamond Kit
- Painted sink with Rust-Oleum Tub and Tile Refinishing Kit
- Painted cabinets and woodwork with Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Interior Waterbased Acrylic-Alkyd in Zurich White
- Replaced mirror with Uttermost Palais Beaded 30″ x 40″ Silver Wall Mirror from LampsPlus
- Replaced light fixture with Possini Euro Design Wrapped Wire 39″ Wide Bathroom Light from LampsPlus
- Added a rotating extension Mirror
- Replaced switches and outlets with the adorne collection
- Replaced cabinet pulls with 3 in Crystal Palace Crysacrylic in Bright Nickel from Hickory Hardware
- Replaced knobs with Crystal Knobs by Threshold from Target
- Replaced Toilet Paper Holder, Towel Bar and Towel Ring all in Chrome from unhinge
- Removed cabinet over toilet and replaced with Set of 2 Rustic Floating Shelves in Weathered Gray from Naturally Built
- Painted walls with Benjamin Moore Aura Bath and Spa Paint in Constellation AF-540
- Got a few new accents for the bathroom from Designer Living including Lita 6 Piece Cotton Jacquard Towel Set, Greywood 3 Piece Bath Accessory Set, Charlie Woven Cotton Rug and Bird Top 2 Piece Bath Accessory Set.
Alright, are you ready for a little photo overload?! We plan to tile the floor as well as up the main wall when walking into the bathroom.
And then one of my favorite things I did in this bathroom was add a Rev-A-Shelf to our cabinets. This is typically used in a kitchen to store brushes and sponges but I thought it would work great to store toothbrushes! My daughter and I tend to use this bathroom most so this is our new toothbrush spot!
Here’s a closer look at the before and after with our bathroom transformation. Slide the arrow back and forth to see the before and after photos.
I can’t wait for the final final reveal to come and to share it with you! I really can’t wait to get this room finished with the tile installation! Well I’m happy to say that both of the rooms are finished and I can’t wait to share with you the nursery reveal on Wednesday! I’m now ready for baby to make it’s arrival so looking forward and hoping by next weekend we will have a beautiful baby girl added to our family! Here’s a belly sneak peek while I was photographing the bathroom!
I think she’s cooked! See you Wednesday for the nursery reveal!
*UPDATE* The tile is finally done and you can see more pictures here!!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclosure here.