Well, it’s finally here!!!! The final reveal for the One Room Challenge. This room has been a labor of love! I have worked extremely hard on this makeover! Therefore, I also couldn’t be happier and proud of how this room has come along! Risks were taken and I had to step out of my comfort zone at times! It made me think outside of the box! This was my 5th One Room Challenge and I feel like I’m getting more and more a hang of this room makeover thing! 🙂 If this is your first time here, welcome! If not, it’s nice to “see” you again! Catch up with this Fall’s living room makeover:
Also here are the One Room Challenges that I have participated in the past:
Now, let’s look back at how the room looked when we started! Here is a pic of the house when we bought it:
Shortly after we moved in we painted the walls, bought a new couch and bought some furniture second hand. It was a nice little temporary fix for this room but I always envisioned something bigger!
Last week we finished our to-do list on the room and decided against a couple things as you can see here:
- Ripped out the carpet and installed new Allure Grip Strip flooring in Brushed Oak Taupe
- Painted the moulding with Sherwin-Williams Requisite Gray & painting the cove and woodwork with Sherwin-Williams Zurich White
- Installed panel moulding from Metrie
- Replaced our old couch with this beautiful Christine Ink Velvet Tufted Sofa from Lamps Plus
- Bought two new accent chairs from Costco
- Added this beautiful Clear Acrylic Nesting Tables from Lamps Plus
- Bought this new Gilham Ottoman from Wayfair
- Replaced my floor lamp with Bambusa Antique Gold Leaf Tripod Floor Lamp from Lamps Plus
- Replaced my table lamp with Franklin Iron Works Shane Nightlight Table Lamp from Lamps Plus
- New wall mirror: Gold Scalloped Mirror from Lamps Plus
- Painted my staircase with Sherwin-Williams Zurich White and stained it with Java Gel Stain
- Painted the drawers on my TV console with Chalkworthy Cast Iron Antiquing Paint from Giani and pulls from Hickory Hardware
- Made over my end table with Tricorn Black from Sherwin-Williams and then cut out a decal with adhesive foil with my Cricut Explore Air 2
- Bought this beautiful Aliyah Pink Area Rug from Wayfair
- Replaced my drapes with blackout custom Shibori drapes from Carousel Designs
- I made some Agate Art with these beautiful coasters from Bark and Om
- Cut and nailed the panel moulding and cove with my RYOBI miter saw and angled finish nailer
- Painted the panel moulding and cove with my Super Finish Max Extra Paint Sprayer from HomeRight
Are you ready for some photo overload?!
Here is a little before and after of the room from the beginning! Touch the area and move it side to side to see the before and after!
I feel truly grateful to be able to blog and share all of my projects with everyone. Working from home while creating our home and living with my beautiful is a blessing! Life is good! Thanksgiving is next week so I may be a little MIA as I will be spending time with family! Have an amazing Thanksgiving and hold onto those loved ones tightly!