Well I can’t believe it’s finally here! The FINAL REVEAL of the One Room Challenge. This round I decided to tackle my 3 year old daugther’s room. In the fall I was pregnant with our younger daughter and was a little crazy and decided to take on two rooms…Gabi’s Nursery & Main Bathroom. This time around one room was plenty, especially with two little ones! I loved Gabi’s room so much that I knew I had to give Lucy a beautiful room as well! It’s crazy how when you redo one room other’s just don’t compare! Now I feel like both of my girls have beautiful rooms to grow up in!
If you missed the last few weeks you can catch up here:
Here was Lucy’s room looked like right before the room makeover:
Woohoo! Everything was checked off! Man, I was worried about it all getting done but I did it!
Touch up wall paint Paint woodwork Paint closet doors Frame & hang art Hang Curtains Build cornice for bed Sew bed canopy (have someone sew for me) Repaint night stand Hang book shelves Apply decals & hang mirrors Paint doors & apply o’verlays Change out light fixture Change out light switch& outlets
Here’s a quick list of all the changes I made to Lucy’s big girl room before I share the final reveal pics:
- Touched up her walls with Sherwin-Williams Harmony Interior Acrylic Latex in White Dogwood
- Painted woodwork & closet doors with Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Interior Waterbased Acrylic-Alkyd in Zurich White
- Painted door with Sherwin-Williams SnapDry in Zurich White
- Designed frames with pictures from Framebridge
- Downloaded beautiful art from these wonderful Etsy shops: Hey Hay Studio, SweepingGirlSays, sPRINNT, FranceesWorld, ArtPrintsFactory, WooHooCrossStitch, ArtQuality, Toons4Fun, QPrints, MatildaMoonStudio and LoveToDefine.
- Used my Cricut Explore Air 2 to make to make the L sign, template from TommyandTillyDesign
- Applied vanity & mannequin decals on the wall, made by my friend Sydney from Tastefully Frugal
- Hung the black out curtains made by Carousel Designs in Pink Hawaiian Floral
- Made the cornice & canopy with Carousel Designs fabric: Pink Satin Charmeuse Pink Satin Charmeuse & Pink Hawaiian Floral
- Hang copper book shelves and arranged pillows on bed from minted
- Hang mirror & install crystal light from Lamps Plus
- change out light switch and plate from the adorne collection
- painted walls with PaintStick EZ-Twist Paint Roller Applicator from HomeRight
- sprayed doors with the Finish Max Paint Sprayer from HomeRight
- applied custom o’verlays to doors from o’verlays
- hung new hinges , installed new door knobs , and replaced door stops from Schlage
HomeRight came over on Monday and shot a few pictures for me of the whole room! I decided to change it up a big and put a comforter on the bed for a little change! Thanks, David for the beautiful pictures!
Slide the picture from side to side to see the before and after!
I want to thank my amazing sponsors for the Spring 2017 ORC! Without them, this reveal wouldn’t have been possible! I absolutely love everything in this room and couldn’t be happier with the end result!
Until the next One Room Challenge in the Fall my friends! I haven’t decided which room I want to tackle yet. Either our master bedroom or our home gym?! What do you want to see me redo?
Have an amazing rest of your week and Happy Mother’s Day to all my mommy readers!