This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PureLife40pk #CollectiveBias
I’ve learned as the days go on how hectic life can be with a 3 year old and a 3 month old. You thought pregnancy brain was a thing…I feel like Mom of a toddler and a baby brain is something else! I feel like my mind can be a blur with our busy schedule. Lucy goes to Preschool in the morning and then we have play dates with friends and I’m trying to get Gabi on a decent sleep schedule. Between juggling all of that I can be forgetful when packing important items.
If you have ever been somewhere without important items like an extra outfit for your child or snacks or drinks for your child then you know it can become a nightmare. For instance, I was with a friend and her kids at an indoor playground. I brought my carrier so that I could walk around with Gabi while Lucy played. Little did I know she decided to have a blow out while in the carrier. I of course didn’t have an extra outfit for Gabi or myself so we were stuck with poo on ourselves until we were able to leave. :/
Well to make my life easier and hopefully your life easier as well I decided to make a go to packing list so I would never forget important items again!
For the baby:
- Diapers – No explanation needed except you just need these every. where. you. go. It’s also great to have a changing pad or disposable changing pads.
- Wipes– Another no brainer. Wipes are great for diaper changes, wiping up spit up and even wiping your older child’s hands and face after a snack!
- Binkies– My older daughter couldn’t live without a binkie. My younger daughter could go either way but they are super handy in helping her calm down if she is uncomfortable.
- Bottle –Whether you have some saved breastmilk or formula a bottle is always great to have on hand.
- Extra Outfit – You don’t want to be like me with poop on yourself and your child and not have extra clothes! 🙂
- Hat– Babies have sensitive skin so lather them up with sun screen and protect those cute faces with a hat.
- Teether– Gabi hasn’t cut any teeth yet but she loves to always have something in her mouth. This is a great item to keep her busy and entertained!
- Nursing Cover– Gabi has a mind of her own and isn’t on much of a feeding schedule so you never know when she is going to be hungry.
For the older sibling:
- Snacks – It’s always good to have healthy snacks on hand like whole grain fish crackers, fruit strips and raisins.
- Water – It is important to stay hydrated and drinking water is a great way to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Books – My daughter loves books and it’s a great way to entertain her on the car ride on the way to our destination.
- Sunscreen – The sun rays are strong here in Minnesota and it’s always better to be safe than sorry and keep their skin baby soft and healthy.
- Sun Glasses – This isn’t necessarily a necessity but in my daughter’s eyes it is! 🙂 She hates when the sun is in her eyes and she is also a little fashionista!
- Sippy Cup– My daughter is getting better and better with water bottles but it’s always good to have a spill proof option available.
- Activity Book – Another great tool for my daughter while in the car. I love the dry erase books where she can trace shapes and letters.
- Hand Sanitizer – I’m a bit of a germaphobe so I always carry hand sanitizer around with me. I love going and doing activities but most public places are full of germs. I like our family to stay as healthy as possible so we always sanitize before we leave!
To print this play date packing list for your own records click on the link or image below:
I want to talk a little bit more about water and it’s importance in our daily lives. It’s very important to me to stay hydrated and make sure my daughters are getting the proper water intake as well. It’s something we always have on hand everywhere we go. Recently I purchased Nestlé® Pure Life® Water at Sam’s Club because it was such a great deal. You get five extra bottles of water for the same price of a 35 pack! Plus Nestlé Pure Life is committed to delivering pure, great tasting water to all of it’s customers. It is filtered through a 12-step quality process and is enhanced with a unique blend of minerals to ensure a great taste! You can find it in select Sam’s Club stores, ask your Club Manager about getting Nestlé Pure Life Water in your store if it’s unavailable.
I hope I’ve helped make your life a little easier today. I keep my list in my daughter’s closet so when I’m getting ready to head out the door I take a quick peek and make sure everything is there! What else do you bring along for car rides or play dates? Do you drink enough water every day?