Hey everyone! I’m finally back for my monthly check-ins! The last couple months I have totally checked out and focused on my family. We have been traveling a ton and I’ve been trying to soak in all those little moments with my girls. We don’t plan to have anymore babies so some days I’ve been holding Gabi while she naps. Other days I try to get things done around the house! Here’s a little of what has been going on the past couple months:
- Family – To start Gabi has recently turned 9 months old! I can’t believe my baby is closer to a year old than the other way around. She has so much personality and is a sweet little soul. She is standing up on furniture and crawling all around the house. She’s quite the mobile little girl now and she loves to sit and play with her older sister. Watching the two of them together really makes my heart melt!Last month was Lucy’s 4th birthday so I was very focused on planning her party. We did a Princess themed party and it was a lot of fun to plan. Here is a glimpse at her Princess Party. The past couple years she has done a Minnie Mouse Birthday Party. I loved that I could recycle some of the decor but we also got a little change of scenery!
- Weight Watchers/Diet – Well this has been a little up and down. I lost 10lbs and then gained it back. On Tuesday I will be starting up a game called Game On Diet with some friends. I love a little friendly competition and I definitely need more motivation. My goal is to loose 20-25lbs before I go on vacation with my family in November. Send positive vibes my way! If you are interested in joining in with us for the Game On Diet send me a message and I can fill you in!
- Kon Mari – I have been doing a little organizing and purging at my house! I am so sick of messes and clutter and junk everywhere. I swear we had every drawer, nook and cranny filled in this darn house. I’ve been been following the Kon Mari method which comes from the book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing. The gist of the book is going through your things and seeing if it sparks joy. Does that specific item bring joy to you? I really love the idea of the book and it has helped me get rid of a lot of things in my home! I’ll update you more about this in the future.
- Monat & Maskcara – Well I’ve decided to do something on the side that I’m kind of loving doing! Recently I tried out these amazing products from Monat & Maskcara. Monat is a hair care line that is naturally-based, safe, pure and sustainable. These ingredients have been proven to mimic the body’s own natural oils to reduce hair thinning, prevent oxidative stress, and add volume and shine. My hair has never been healthier or smoother! Maskcara is a makeup line that was designed to help women have a simple beauty routine while enhancing their natural features. It focuses on “HAC”ing (highlighting and contouring) your face in the right way. You can give yourself a professional makeup application in 5 minutes or less! If you’d like to follow along and learn more about these two amazing products I’d love for you to join my Facebook group: Ruthie’s Monat & Maskcara Love
- Post Round-Up – Well life has been busy so I didn’t do a ton during the month of August. I made over this little end table for Gabi’s room and shared it over on HomeRight’s website! Recently I shared some indoor and outdoor fall decor with Wayfair: Falling into Fall with Wayfair.
- A Look Into September – This month I have a couple of big projects and posts that I will be sharing. I have been working on redoing our hollow core doors upstairs. They are turning out beautiful and I have new beautiful Schlage door knobs to go on them! I have also been working hard at redoing my craft closet and actually getting it organized. It’s fun to be able to sit down at my desk and work and craft at the same time without a big mess. Another big project this month I have been working on is updating the playroom. I haven’t shared much of the room since we’ve moved into this home and I can’t wait to share my daughters’ favorite room in the house! I also have a few smaller projects to share with you this month as well! 🙂
I can’t believe it’s September already! Man summer just flew right by! I do love some Fall weather though so anxious to get outside with my girls and enjoy the cool weather! I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend and stays safe! See you next week!